Monday, February 3, 2014

A weekend for the books..

This was definitely not a weekend I want on repeat. It all started smooth of course. We planned that my Mom would have Emma Saturday and James was going golfing with some friends. Perfect... I get the whole house to myself to unpack and hang and put things away without a distraction. I was so prodictive. My Mom returned Emma in the afternoon on Saturday and about an hour later it all went downhill..
 
Thursday night snuggles with Daddy :)
 
 
So Saturday afternoon, I get a text saying that his friends dog bit him in the face, his cheek is like a blow-hole.. what shoould he do? So I gather what I can for Emma and picked a hospital half way to each other. His friend got him their and offered to watch Emma while I was with James. Perfect... entertain her and hopefully she doesnt get too mad its dinner time and all she has is goldfish and m&m's. I was lucky we got that and juice lol. So James gets 6 stitches in his cheek. If it was anything other than a dog bite, he would have needed 5 more..but they need the wound open and aired out for infection.
He is going to be just fine and he wont lose his cheek. Stitches come out Friday and we are hoping for a real meal!

 
On Sunday while we let James sleep off his pain, I attempted flourless pancakes! Emma is the pickiest of picky eaters. We eat lots of mac and cheese and waffles. She look at the food and play with it and then just throw it around. I have tried playing with smoothies.. she knows whats up. So we made these banana and egg pancakes and then called them waffles.. she LOVED them. Kept asking for more :). Yay! Eating eggs!! I may have also added chocolate chips to them to make her want them more lol


 
I made little appetizers for our 3-man party we had. Chips and guac, quiche, burger bits and mini tacos for the main dish.


 
Oreo shakes for the rest of the game.
Emma sucked hers down so fast... I had to hide mine so i didnt have to share haha

 
Emma was so sweet to her Daddy and his ouchies. Gave him so much love yesterday.


 
So our weekend was eventful to say the least. Hopefully this is just a bump in the wonderful month of February!



Leave a Comment: